GED Information GED®
GED stands for General Education Development.The GED tests measure knowledge of science, social studies, math, reading, and writing. When all four GED tests are passed, the certification can be used in place of a high school diploma when applying for a job or college.
- WEST Adult Education offers free GED preparation at learning sites in central MN.
- Students work independently at their own pace with the guidance of an instructor.
- WEST ABE provides study materials and practice tests.
- No registration is necessary, simply attend class at its listed time and day. See schedule below.
- Classes are open to students who are at least 17 years old and not enrolled in high school.
- To take the test you must be 19 years old AND a resident of Minnesota .
- If you are under 19 you must obtain a waiver from the State of Minnesota. This is done through GED/Adult Basic Education classes.
- Free GED preparation classes are offered through WEST ABE.
Who can participate?
Adult Basic Education has classes for adults in need of basic education skills. Adults, 17 years and older, can improve their skills inreading, math, and writing with a personalized approach to instruction. Courses are designed to help adults apply what they have learned to everyday life.
- GED tests are taken online and are given in a certified testing lab.
- Students should be familiar with using a computer and possess basic typing skills.
- Students taking the test must have a valid email address.
- To take the official GED test you must set up an online account at ged.com.
- Once an account is set up you can register to take your tests.
- There are four subject areas in the GED Test.If you attend a WEST ABE class to prepare for your GED, you are able to get free practice tests (while supplies last)
- You don’t have to take all the tests on the same day.
GED Test Administration and Delivery
To get started you be will required to go online and create an account at the GED Testing Service web site.
GED Testing Location
WEST ABE offers GED® testing
Eastview Education Center
9375 Fenning Ave. NE
Monticello, MN 55362
Call Jill at 763-272-2040 for more information.
See a schedule of our classes and by location HERE.